‘Civil Bank Remit Savings Account’ is a customized deposit product designed to attract remittance customers in order to keep their earnings in the form of deposits in the Bank while offering an array of services to the customer. The ‘Civil Bank Remit Savings Account’ has been tailored to facilitate both remitters working abroad and beneficiaries living in the home country. The product aims to help satisfy the needs of remittance customers as it can be opened by the family members of remitters residing in Nepal or remitters working abroad. Moreover, the Bank has tied-up with international agents such as Mawarid Exchange LLC in Dubai, UAE for remittance services and is developing plans for expansion to other Gulf countries for a more effective execution of international remittance services. At present the Bank has numerous payout agents for carrying out its remittance services. Increasing this network of agents is an ongoing activity of the Bank.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Customer holding balance of NPR 1,000/-
- Free Debit MasterCard (for first year).
- Free Cheque Book
- Free Any Branch Banking Service for amounts up to NPR 500,000 per day.
- Unlimited withdrawals and deposits.
- Account Statement on a quarterly basis available upon request.
- Accidental Death Insurance for value equivalent to four times of the minimum balance maintained in the account at the time of accidental death with a maximum ceiling of NPR 500,000.
- 50% discount on Locker facility (Only on Rental charge, Key Deposit will be taken in full).
- Flexibility of receiving payments from any remittance agent of the Bank and that provided by the “Mobilemai Nagad” product of the Bank.
Rates & Fees
Rate of Interest: 6.00%
Interest Rate Calculation: Daily basis
Interest Rate Posting: Quarterly basis
All documents as per the Bank’s KYC Policy and the directives of Nepal Rastra Bank.